Thursday, January 31, 2008

New month New start...looking ahead

Let me start off by saying I am a very goal oriented individual. I love to strive for things that are set in front of me be they by myself or by others. One example...where I work we have an incentive program where there are 10 pins you can earn. Your goal is to earn them all.....well, by golly I am gonna do my darndest to get them all!! (I have all but 2 by the way *grin*) And its not as if I did not accomplish anything in January, but I think everyone loves a frest start, so I look at the begining of each month as another month to start with a (relatively) clean slate. So that being said I have been thinking about what I am hoping to accomplish in the next month. As far as my quilty goals I have several.


1. Finish my block of the month -- all I have to do is quilt the outer border, bind and put a tag on it. I may add more quilting, but I'm not sure.


2. Finish the baby quilt -- I got that basted today and started quilting. I love baby quilts because they are soooo much faster to do than my usual size.


3. Finish the top of Amy's quilt -- I've had this waaaayyy longer than I intended. I need to get the top done, and get it finished so I can be back in Amy's hands!


4. Keep up with my swaps -- Don't want to end up not being able to swap for a while. Swapping one of the big reasons I joined my first internet group, I love swapping :cD


5. Finish my ugly fat quarter challenge quilt -- its wallhanging size. I'd elaborate more, but its design is to be kept secret until the voting on one of my groups. I PROMISE I will share a picture as soon as I can.


6. Continue to use up my stash, and to buy as little as possible (at least for right now).


Kind of a big list for me, but I'm gonna do my best to reach as many of these goals as I can :)




Speaking of using up your stash, what is everyone doing Superbowl Sunday? I was looking through blogs and came across this. Now I have to work this Sunday, but usually we're VERY slow businesswise so I am anticipating a short day. If it does happen, I think I may join along. I don't think I'll be making the big version. Actually I was thinking of making a throw that I will probably donate to a silent auction for the school City used to work for. And I just happen to have lots of strips already cut from organizing my stash. Now not that I need to start something new, but I love the thought of being part of a group doing something even if it is via the internet. The directions for the Scrappy Bargello are over at Quiltville. (LOVE that site!!) I can't wait to see how they turn out :cD


Now as for other goals, I am really aiming for a fall marathon, so I am going to write out the base training program to get in shape for it. So as far as that goes I am aiming for running (at least 4, but preferably) 5 days a week. And to start doing my favorite floorwork program again. I have some tapes of it, and it is still on one of the stations we get. Just gotta make myself get up and do it.

Well, I am off today so I am going to go get some quilting done, yea!! Hope everyone continues to look ahead, think positive, and to reach the goals you set for yourself. Warm country wishes!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck with your goals !! I was a bit tempted to do the Superbowl bargello even though I don't know what the superbowl is - lol ! Have fun.

Laurie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You sure have some lofty goals set for yourself! Making goals is a good thing and I hope you accomplish them all!

Great looking quilts too! That dog quilt is just too cute!
Laurie