Thursday, January 17, 2008

Default setting?





Well, here it is in progress. I think I once heard a quilt designer say her brain's quilt size programming default was set on 'queen sized' and I tend to think my is too. I tend to make bigger quilts. I like them to be used, and nothing says 'warm and cozy' to me more than a house whose beds are layered in beautiful handmade quilts. This one will probably end up on my bed, even city mouse likes it. I about fainted when ,as I'm basting it, he comes in the room and says 'Wow! That's really beautiful. I can see that one on the bed.' So I have my machine humming away today. I would love to have this one done by the end of the month. Don't know if it will happen, but I know I've made lots of progress on it, so I'm a happy mouse.


I am also going to start working on some baby quilts soon. Actually I went out and bought some fabrics yesterday. I have 4 co-workers due one right after the other, the first one being due in April. Now, not that I HAVE to make quilts for everyone, but I really do love having such a unique gift for them that they can actually be involved in if they wish. And I can't tell you how many of them have been used on the wall as focal points in decorating the baby's room, that makes me feel good. So I was talking with dad of baby number one and they would like a black/white/red quilt. Fabrics are bought, pattern chosen, now to get working on it :cD


Also happy to report that I'm healthy enough to start training again. That cold/flu thing really kicked my butt for a while there. Finally got a good workout in yesterday...a run/bike/run brick. Not as much as I would like to be doing, but I think my base fitness is good enough that I could probably be in shape for a spring half marathon so I'm excited!!


Well, I have the day off from work today, so I am off to get some work and plenty of play in today. Warm counrty wishes!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

just found your blog and want to say hi ! Lovely quilts on the go. My quilts all tend to come out bigger than I planned too - lol ! It's a standing joke at my quilt group.