Saturday, January 5, 2008

Feeling more like 'home'

My blog is really starting to feel like 'mine'. I finally figured out how to post some more things to my blog. I have a scripture tag I found a Christian Women Online Magazine. And I found the Fabric Diet badge on a blog while I was surfing (Hanne's Quilt Corner). She was kind enough to put it on her site to share with anyone that is looking to use their stash. Thank you Hanne! That is another one of my goals this year...to use up some of what I've bought in the past. You know, all those "I'll use them someday" fabrics? Well I've decided that 'someday' will be this year. I'm still playing, I'm having so much fun learning all this new stuff! :cD

I did get out to run today. Maybe not all that far, but it felt good to be out in the fresh air. We have a nice park nearby, but there are still days I miss running on the country back roads where I grew up. But I feel good that I got out, even if it was in a cold drizzle.

I have the evening free to sew. Yeeehaaaw! I am going to try to get a batch of rosebud blocks done tonight, then I am going to get some work done on my scrapy double irish chain. I think I have enough 2 1/2" squares to make about a million blocks for it. I keep going through my scrap piles and cutting. It feels good to watch the scraps baskets shrink. Although I sometimes think scraps multiply on their own cause there are days I swear I end up with more than I started with and I haven't cut any new fabrics. Ahhh well, I'm sure I'll find a use for them. My motto is 'The scrappier the better' when it comes to my quilts. Well, I'm off to get some sewing done. Warm country wishes,
country mouse :cD

1 comment:

YankeeQuilter said...

There is something therapeutic about cutting fabric into little squares even if there isn't a specific project in mind! Congrats on your first finish of the year...your sampler quilt looks nice.
Siobhan