Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cuttin' and sewin'....is there any better way to spend the day?

Now really, is there any better way to spend the day? The weather here has been cold and dreary. The perfect reason to stay inside and quilt. Now I didn't get as much done as I would like to have, but I did make some progress. I only have one more outside border to get quilted on the BOM then its on to binding. Yippee! I've also got the doggie quilt about 80% of the way quilted. I'm excited to be so close to a couple finishes. The picture on the left is some of the strips I've gotten cut for the Bargellobowl tomorrow. I've only got about half of the number cut that I need, and now that I'm looking at the picture I'm gonna make sure I find some blues, purples and greens to add to the mix. I don't know how much I'll be able to get done tomorrow, but I'm looking foreward to relaxing after work by sewing the evening away.


Spent some time with the family today. Its time for us to start planning the annual family reunion so City, the mouselings and I went to dinner with two of my aunts, one of my uncles, and my parents. Went to a nice restaurant in Amish country for dinner. Such great food! Just love all that stuff made from scratch. Also just enjoyed the drive. Living in the city there are just houses and houses, tons of cars, and lots of pavement; very little green space. Sure there is some, but I just love driving through the rolling hills seeing the farms, and big open fields and lots of trees. Makes me yearn for spring when the flowers are blooming and the trees are starting to bud and the new little green leaves make their first appearance. The drives out there are just wonderful. I think I heard that the 'official' groundhog saw his shadow today, but our local groundhog didn't. Boy I'm really kinda hoping ours was right, I'm ready for a burst of color! :cD



Speaking of animals, I was going through the photos on my camera and came across this one. I was thinking of sending it to Ami Simms, I know she has a page for these types of photos. This is a sign posted at the whirlpool area of a State Parks recreation area. The people that were in the whirlpool were looking at me funny when I took the picture, but I just couldn't resist. Read rule number 5 carefully. If I were a dog or cat, I really don't think I would have an issue obeying that rule ;) I got a giggle out of it, hope you did too.


Well, I'm off to try to get a little more done. Warm country wishes!




No comments: