Thursday, February 7, 2008

Working toward those goals (or at least trying!)




I really wish I had some quilty pictures to share, but unfortunately I don't. :( But, I found this picture on one of my groups and it perfectly describes how I've felt the last couple of days. (Actually that was me this morning. After City took the kids to school I crashed and slpet for an extra 3 hours!) Things where I work have been a bit hectic so I've ended up picking up extra hours. Between that, and all the stuff I need to get done here between the kids and housework, errands and other stuff, I've been happy to squeeze in sewing and running time where I can. Now I am glad to report that I have completed the quilting on the BOM and the quilting is done and binding is attatched to the doggie quilt. Now to hand stitch it down. I have made some progress on my swaps. And the only fabric I've bought so far this month was a great neutral that was calling out to me from the remnant bin. I haven't made any progress on Amy's quilt yet, but I am going to go cut some squares to do some dissapearing 9-patches for the very outside edges here yet tonight as well as some leaves for some applique work I am doing for it. So, honestly, I'm a pretty happy quilter. Also been able to squeeze in 3 runs so far this week (only missed my Monday one) and am gonna try to get in a nice run outside this weekend if the weather cooperates.


February is Quilting Month and they are celebrating over at Sew Mama Sew. I'm putting link to them over on the left here. They are sharing blocks, techniques, quilts and other fun stuff. I just have to mention an entry on sharing quilting history. You'll have to go check it out if you haven't. It is excellent!! Made me want to reasearch more not only for my own knowledge, but also to make sure I share with the mouselings, who also love to help me make quilts as well as create their own 'quilts' by laying out fabric scraps on the floor. I think they enjoy playing with the fabric as much as I do.

Well, I'm off to have some quilty fun. Hopefully I'll have some quilty pics for you next time. Hope you all find time for your quilting passion too. Warm country wishes :cD


No comments: