Thursday, November 13, 2008

Simple is best





Happy Thursday everyone. Been quite a week here. Sometimes the stress of daily life for me makes me feel as though I am in a vice, or maybe being drawn and quartered :cO I'm sure we've all felt the pressure of feeling like you are being pulled in so many directions you don't know which way is up!! So I have been trying my best to enjoy some of the simple things in life. Sometimes it isn't that easy to focus on these things. They can be the little things that we sometimes overlook. A child's laughter. Those few moments of silence we can find, even in some of the most unexpected of places. Watching a cat stretch and enjoy that warm spot on the floor created by a brilliant beam of sunlight. The sheer joy in the process of creating whatever it is you put your hands to. A good home made meal. Things we can take for granted. Things we do everyday that, since we are in a constant state of "go go go" we don't take time to appreciate. I would like everyone to take at least a minute or two to focus on one simple pleasure today. Take a few deep breaths, and enjoy at least one thing that will bring you a smile :cD


The sewing process has been kind of slow here as of late. I have been able to get some more string blocks done, and a little more done on my quilt-along. I am VERY happy to announce that after what probably seems like forever, my pay it forward gifts are DONE!!! YIPPEE!! Now all I have to do is get some addresses and I can get them in the mail. I do have a picture of what I will be sending, but I will wait to share it til they reach their destinations.


I was also thrilled to receive an fat little envelope in the mail yesterday from Andrea. I was lucky enough to win a contest on her blog and won this adorable little pincushion and wonderful fabric.



I haven't decided what I will do with the fabric just yet. I think it would make great fabric for a Christmas project, but for sure it will be used for something special :cD Thank you soooo much Andrea!!!

I am hoping to get out to the fabric store today, it is a dreary fall day here in Ohio so (in my opinion) it is the perfect kind of day to go get cheered up by some bright, beautiful fabric. Hope you all have a great day!! Warm country wishes.


6 comments:

Paula said...

Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the simple things in life. Today, I sat and listened to some great music while enjoying a hot cup of coffee. So comforting...

QuiltedSimple said...

The weather in Ohio has been just plain wierd!!! And yes, I know to well the feeling of being pulled in 11 different directions. Take care and hope you came back from shopping with some fabric goodies!
Kris

jacquie said...

simple is best. it's good to stop and savor those moments and not let them pass by. that is a darling pincushion!

Barb said...

Ahhhhhh yes how easily we forget that the *simple things* can be so refreshing, I am also needing that reality check of SLOW DOWN and ENJOY! With my job and the busyness of the grandchildren (which I love to attend their many activities), I forget to take *me* time ~ it would help me be a better person if I did! THANK YOU for this blog entry, I have read thru it several time ~ each time I come away realizing YES the SIMPLE things are good and very important!

julieQ said...

I am so glad you got some fun mail to enjoy! I agree, the simplest things are the ones we sometimes forget, but are the most rewarding and fun in the long run!

Scrappy-Quilter said...

thank you for your post and the reminder to enjoy life's simple pleasures. We all know too well about the struggles life gives us but if we count our many blessings we will see how truly blessed we each are. (((HUGS!!!)))