Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Do you see what I see?



Yup, that's snow! Actually I'm kind of excited about it. Living in Ohio I've come to really love the changing seasons. I remember what was going on when I was younger because the seasons trigger memories. I couldn't imagine living somewhere where the change of seasons weren't so pronounced. Well, for the last couple years winter snow has come quite late (we've been lucky to have a white Christmas the last few years). I was really starting to miss the snow in November around Thanksgiving and in December at Christmas time, and it looks like I won't be missing it this year. Yippee!! Ok, yes, I know I'm weird :cP Another thing that has me excited...one of our local radio stations has already started playing Christmas music! Now I will admit that maybe it is a little early to be playing it 24/7 (I hate when people just gloss over Thanksgiving, it is one of my favorite holidays) but I love the fact that when I feel in the mood to hear some Christmas music...like when I am working on those Christmas gifts...the music is only a button away. Both of these things have given me a lift on a day when I can really use it. My personal situation is making it a tough day for me. I'm on a total emotional roller coaster. I keep reminding myself that, yes, things are tough but the end is in site and I WILL make it through. I try to keep focus on the positive and find some time to do a few things that will make me happy. So with that said, I am about to go make myself a nice big cup of cocoa, open the curtains wide, turn on some Christmas music and get some sewing done :cD I'll try to have a quilty update for you next post. Til then, warm country wishes all!!




P.S. Go check out Paula's blog. She is giving away 2 beautiful little quilts to celebrate both her blogaversary and 200 posts...not to mention she just has a great blog :cD

8 comments:

Paula said...

Wow, so pretty. We live in Southeast Texas and haven't seen real snow since the late 70's. Once in the 80's we had about one inch. Of course, I'm not complaining. I don't think I'd like to drive in snow or ice. If we got that much, it would shut the city down. No one here (including me) know how to drive in snow!

jacquie said...

i love how a fresh snow sort of puts down a blanket that quiets everything for just a moment. i love that feeling.

Sara said...

I hope things start going better for you. It sounds like the slowly are. We have snow too and it was the perfect day to spend snuggled up sewing!

QuiltedSimple said...

I can take the snow (if I'm inside). I hate driving in it, and having to drive I71 every day is a drag in the snow (in the 11 mile stretch I drove yesterday to work - 5 accidents). I really hope things start to get better for you - you WILL get through it! Have a good day!
Hugs,
Kris

Scrappy-Quilter said...

I hope things will calm down in your life soon. I know how stressful things can be. In time it does get better but it is never easy. ((HUGS!!)) to you and yours!
Love the pictures of the snow and I sure miss it - funny I told the kids this morning on the way to school that we'd try and take a drive after Christmas to go see some snow.

julieQ said...

Lovely snow! We are lucky is we get a skiff once a year. It is just like a blanket of quiet, peace...

julieQ said...

Love your fresh clean snow! We have ice this morning...took DH 2 hours to get to work! Music can indeed change the mood...Christmas music especially!

Renée's Country Crafts LLC said...

Hi,
I live in Cleveland Ohio on the west side. Where are you from in Ohio? Do you still live there now?
Renee