Saturday, October 18, 2008

Is that a hurricane? No that's just my life :cP

Oh my goodness! I can't believe its been so long since my last post. Life just hasn't slowed down for me, but at least I can see a light at the end of a very long tunnel. Just a quick update on me...things look like they may finally settle down a bit. I will most likely be moving, so I may not have computer for a little while, but I am looking into cell phone plans that may let me mobile blog. At least then maybe I can stay in touch and get a little more consistent with being here. Right now that is probably my one main goal after getting things in order is to at least get a little more consistent. I have been sewing a little bit. Here are a couple tops I've gotten to work on. Both are without borders just yet, but I have ideas for both. The first is from amandajean's quilt-along. The second is my second full sized Random Ohio Stars top.

One of these days I'm gonna have a big ol' quiltfest and just baste and quilt up a lot of these puppies. Right now I'm just enjoying the process of sewing and reaping the stress reducing benefit it gives me. I also will have the pay it forward gifts in the mail before the end of the month. I really have to thank those that signed up on my blog for their infinite patience, and I am excited to have things 90% of the way done and ready to mail out. Well, I'm sorry this is such a short post, but I really felt that I needed to at least check in. This weekend is busy for me, so with any luck I will be back on Monday to check in with y'all again. Warm country wishes all!!

6 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Both quilt tops look great - your quilt along quilt is further along than mine, that is for sure! Hope you're having a good fall (it's freezing here - 47 degrees - I was in Ashland and it was 38 this morning!)
Kris

jacquie said...

glad things seem to be settling down for you. i adore both of these tops. your quilt along top looks a lot like mine...pretty much the same colors. i need to get that quilted. hope to see you more soon.

Renee said...

those are great quilt tops. the first one is my favorite. love those color combos. it was nice to see you post. hope to see you more often. p.s. i noticed the post from quiltedsimple, i live in ashland and she's right, it was 38 and it's was terrible. lol.

Babs said...

Love your quilts!

Life is always throwing us curve balls isn't it. Hope things settle down for you soon!

Scrappy-Quilter said...

love the random star quilt - such a neat layout.

Amanda Jean said...

your quilt tops are beautiful!!!

thanks so much for sending me that sweet thank you package! It sure brightened my day! :0)