Thursday, July 31, 2008

Could it be? Yes, it is!

I actually got a little bit of sewing done! Ok, not much, but all considered I'm happy to get ANY done lately. It actually felt really good to hear that familiar old hum of my sewing machine. And I know she missed me too :cD Here is a picture of blocks 10 and 11 of amandajean's quilt along...

Also, remember all those little Ohio Stars? Well here is the end result (mind you its not quilted yet)...
Don't ask me why I've never made many little quilts. It is a nice change of pace to have an almost instant gratification project. This came together pretty quickly, and quilting it will be a breeze compared to the bed sized quilts I normally make. I guess I just automatically equate "quilt" and "bed covering". I think I'm going to be working on more little quilts for a while though. Two reasons...1. with all I have on my plate right now, the thought of a large quilt is rather overwhelming. Working on smaller ones will give me the opportunity to create quilts without feeling the "Well, here's another quilt for the UFO list" feeling. 2. You all know I am a scrap quilt freak, and I keep scraps that are smaller than most people would keep, and these little beauties will give me the chance to use up some itty-bitty little scraps. Happy happy happy :cD
I'm off to finish up a few more things before I have to go to work. At least I have a short shift, I could use the hours, but I think I could use the time off a little more. Anymore, as long as things go smooth I'm one happy mouse. I think if I get the chance I may actually get a little more sewing time in yet today. Aaaahhhh...sewing therapy...is there anything any better for relieving stress? Ok, maybe some retail therapy, maybe I can squeeze some of that in too ;cD Hope you all have a great Thursday. Warm country wishes!!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Love the blocks and the small quilt. They both look great!

jacquie said...

more pretty blocks! i love the varying sizes of the ohio stars. makes the quilt so much more interesting. glad you've had a bit of time for some sewing therapy!

QuiltedSimple said...

Your blocks look great - and I really like the Ohio Star quilt. Enjoy your weekend!
Kris

julieQ said...

Love your little Ohio star quilt! It is just perfect, your colors are so cool and crisp.

Amanda Jean said...

that ohio star quilt is near the top of my list of quilts I want to start next. I love the two different block sized.

your stars for the quilt along look fabulous.

Andrea said...

Nargh - sewing therapy is so much better than retail therapy - lol ! Glad to see you're managing to get some time for you in. Take care x